At present, the prices of tomatoes, green chillies and garlic are skyrocketing in the market. If you keep your hand on garlic, it will feel cold. A few days ago, green chillies were being sold at Rs 100 per kg, but now the price has increased from Rs 300 to Rs 400 per kg. On the other hand, Tomatola costs the same. Our women cannot cook real dishes without these two. Also, it is difficult to buy and store them at once. Especially the people of Andhra and Telangana do not like the taste of a little chilli. So how else?
It is not possible to buy tomatoes every day, so if you can bring the collected tomatoes and store them for a long time, then this method can give you some relief. But is it really possible to store tomatoes for several days?
If chillies, tomatoes, onions are brought in excess, they may dry up or rot due to fluctuations in the weather. Although it stays fresh temporarily when kept in the refrigerator, it tends to discolor and lose flavor over time. No Nutrients. There is no benefit from them. But the solution is…
How to store green chillies
- put the peppers in a ziplock bag
- Wash the green chillies with water and dry them well and keep them in a zip cover.
- Also, removing the stalks of green chillies will prevent them from rotting quickly. Place the peppers inside a small zip-lock bag.
- Seal the pouch tightly to prevent air from entering the bag. Keep the bag in the fridge.
- Store Chili in an Airtight Container
- If you have an airtight container at home, fill it with green chilies. Place a dry cloth or clean cloth such as tissue paper at the bottom. Put chili on top of it. Now close the lid of the container and put the lid tightly and keep it in the fridge.
- Aluminum foil: You can keep green chillies in aluminum foil. This keeps the chillies fresh for a long time. Remove the stem of chili and wrap it well in aluminum paper. Then cool down. After five hours, take the chillies out of the fridge and put them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge again.
how to store onions
Onion is a commonly used item in most Indian households. Whether it is to temper the vegetable or eat it in the form of salad, nothing can be done without onions. In such a situation, due to its highest consumption, people buy it in large quantities from the market. So that you can get rid of the problem of going to the market again and again.
Now it is the turn of onion, many times when onion is expensive, many people buy it in large quantities and keep it, but it gets spoiled if not kept properly. storage tips
- Always store onion in a dry and dark place, never keep it in the fridge.
- Onions should always be kept in a place free from moisture or water. Even a light touch of water will spoil and rot the onion.
- You can also put onions in a paper bag, but this bag must have holes. If you don’t have a bag, take a paper bag and poke a hole in it. Then put the onion in this paper bag and keep it in a dark place.
- To keep onions fresh for longer, always keep them in a cool place. Onions start rotting if not kept in a cool place.
- Instead of keeping onions in a plastic bag, keep them in a basket. This is because the quality of onions deteriorates due to moisture. If you don’t want to keep the onions in a basket, you can also use a net bag or a bamboo container.
Tomato Storage Method
- We always need tomatoes to make gravies in dal, curries or other dishes. Wash, dry and wipe the tomatoes, take a plastic container, put tissue paper or newspaper in it and keep the tomatoes in it, close the container and keep it in the fridge.
- To keep tomatoes fresh for a long time, first remove the stalks of tomatoes and wash them with clean water. After this, let the water of these tomatoes dry up. If you want, you can remove the water by wiping the tomatoes with a clean dry cloth.
- Now take a zip lock bag and keep the tomatoes in the freezer. Whenever necessary, take the tomatoes out of the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature first. Then use it when normal temperature is reached. With this tomatoes remain fresh for 15-20 days.
- Also mash the tomatoes and make a soft paste and put them in an ice cube tray and keep them in the freezer. Those tomato pieces can be used if required for cooking.