PAN card is not only for income tax but also a document used as an identity. Yes, through these you can open an account in the bank and its use has become important even in big transactions. If you have made more than one PAN card by mistake, then you may be at loss. Although PAN cards are made only through correct identity and information, but the Income Tax Department had received such information that some users had more than one PAN card.
What should multiple PAN card holders do?
If you also have more than one PAN card, then you can keep one of them and hand over the rest. You can do this easily. However, for that you have to follow a process. You can do this both online and offline.
What to do if you have more than one PAN card
The Income Tax Department says that if a user has more than one PAN card, then there is a punishment of 6 months and a fine of up to Rs 10,000. However, both this punishment and fine can be more. If you use more than one PAN card then it is a crime. To get rid of this, you have to see which ward i.e. which circle your PAN card is made of.
How to do
- PAN card is issued by the Income Tax Department. Every PAN card has a ward. You can check the address of this ward by visiting the Income Tax Department’s site. After knowing the ward, you can make an appointment with your ward officer.
- Now here you have to make an application. Apart from this, on a bond paper of Rs 100, you will have to enter your and other PAN card information. Ward officer will check your PAN card online and you will get the receipt.
- You will need to submit your and other original PAN cards along with the application. The process of submitting PAN card also takes more than 30 days.
- By visiting the Income Tax Department’s site, one has to check the PAN card status in PAN card status.
- Let us tell you that you can also do this online. But you have to go to the ward office of the Income Tax Department to submit the PAN card.
- Go to the website of the Income Tax Department. After this you have to go to Surrender Duplicate PAN option.
- After this, the duplicate PAN number/(s) and the details of the PAN you want to keep have to be entered. In this, you have to enter details like full name, date of birth and contact.
- After that submit the form. After this, complete whatever process is given.