Ministry of Railways has started a scheme to give relaxation in AC chair car and executive class of all trains with AC seating facility including Better Feeling and Vistadome coaches.
Indian Railways is going to give special discounts in all trains including Vistadome coaches equipped with glass roof, revolving chairs and LCD TVs to provide better facilities to the passengers. Vistadome is the first of its kind glass top coach in Indian Railways. To take advantage of the facility of this train, Indian Railways has started flexi fare scheme to give special discounts to the passengers. The discount available under this scheme will be applicable from Monday.
Ministry of Railways has started a scheme to give relaxation in AC chair car and executive class of all trains with AC seating facility including Better Feeling and Vistadome coaches. So that passengers can be motivated to avail better facilities. Passengers can get up to 25% discount on fare for traveling in these coaches. Trains with less than 50% occupancy class during last 30 days will be considered. The exemption given by the Ministry of Railways will be implemented with immediate effect.
According to the Ministry of Railways, no refund of fare will be approved for already booked passengers. In case of trains where the flexi fare scheme is in force in a particular section and the occupancy is less, the flexi fare scheme may be withdrawn initially as a measure to increase the occupancy. This scheme will not be applicable to special trains started as holiday/festival special etc.
Ministry of Railways has decided to give responsibility to zonal railways to start concessional fare scheme in trains with AC seating facility, terms and conditions for the purpose of higher utilization of accommodation in trains.
Take special care of these things
- The concessional fare scheme will be applicable in AC chair car and executive class of all trains with AC seating including Vistadome coaches. Passengers will get a maximum discount of up to 25% on the basic fare. Other charges like reservation fee, super fast charge, GST etc., as applicable, will be levied separately. Depending on the occupancy the discount may be given in any or all the classes.
- Trains with less than 50% occupancy during the last 30 days will be taken into account. While fixing the quantum of exemption, the fare of the competing mode of transport will be the parameter. Concession under this scheme can be given for the first leg of the journey and/or the last leg of the journey or till the end of the journey, provided the occupancy in that leg/section/end-to-end, as the case may be, is less than 50% Could. This exemption will be implemented with immediate effect. However, no refund of fare will be admissible for already booked passengers.
- Such relaxation will be applicable initially for a period as decided by the PCCM of the zone corresponding to the station of origination of the train, subject to a maximum of six months for the dates of journey from its effect. The concessional rental may be given for full period or part period or month wise or seasonal or weekdays/weekends depending on the demand pattern of the above period.
- For trains with inter-zonal O-D pairs/destinations, fare may be discounted in consultation with PCCM/MD or COM/CCM of other Zonal Railways in case of KRCL. Further review will be done regularly and depending on the occupancy the relaxation may be modified/extended/withdrawn.
- If it is decided to amend the exemption/refund in the scheme, it can also be implemented with immediate effect. However, no difference in fare will be charged from already booked passengers. In case of trains where flexi fare scheme is applicable in a particular class and the occupancy is less, the flexi fare scheme may be withdrawn initially as a measure to increase the occupancy. If this does not improve the occupancy, then only the relaxation scheme can be implemented in those trains/classes.
- If end-to-end relaxation is provided, Tatkal quota will not be set for the fixed time in such trains. Further, if exemption is granted for some journey of the train, Tatkal quota may not be granted for that part of the journey where exemption is given. The discount will be applicable for tickets booked till the preparation of first chart and during the current booking. Exemption can also be allowed by TTE. This scheme will not be applicable on special trains on holidays/ special festivals etc. The provision of this scheme will be applicable for a period of 1 year.
You will get these special facilities
Vistadome coach seats rotate 360 degrees with pushback facility. It also has 12 LCD television screens for entertainment, a mini fridge, automatic sliding compartment doors, an oven, juicer grinder and toilets fitted with ceramic tiles. The Vistadome coach has 40 seats and a ticket will cost Rs 2,235, which is equivalent to the executive class fare of the Shatabdi Express. Reservation charge, GST and any other charges will be levied separately in addition to the basic fare. There will be no concession in fare to the passengers and full fare will be charged from all the passengers.
The post Indian Railways has started a new scheme for the convenience of passengers, this is how they can take advantage first appeared on Rightsofemployees.com.