New Delhi. Be it children or elders, everyone feels like eating something spicy with tea in the evening. Especially in the rainy season, children often insist on eating market chaat or tikki. But, many times the health of children gets spoiled after eating outside. In such a situation, you can prepare and feed Poha Aloo Tikki for children at home. It is very easy to make this recipe. It is not going to take much time to make it and it is also very fun to eat. A delicious and crispy snack made with poha and potatoes. So let’s have a look at its recipe:-
Ingredients for making Poha Aloo Tikki:-
2 cups thick poha
2 medium sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil for shallow frying
How to make Poha Aloo Tikki:-
- Wash the poha in water for a few seconds and drain it well. Leave it like this for about 5 minutes to soften. Then, using your hands, gently squeeze out the excess water from the poha.
- In a large bowl, mix drained poha, mashed potatoes, chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger paste, chaat masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Divide the mixture into equal sized portions and shape them into small round tikkis or patties.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or wok on a medium flame.
- Drop the prepared poha tikki in the hot oil and cook till it turns golden brown and crispy from both the sides.
- Once cooked, remove the tikkis from the pan and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve Poha Tikki hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney or ketchup.
- These can be enjoyed as a snack or as part of a meal.
The post If you want to eat something special with evening tea, then try these spicy tikkis, once you taste them, you will not be able to forget the taste appeared first on ..